Frequently Asked Questions
Most Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Golden Asp?
- I live in the Philadelphia area. Where is your store?
- How do I get directions to the store?
- Why should I buy my Prom Dress from Golden Asp?
- What is your return policy?
- What is the difference if I shop online or at your store in Bensalem, PA?
- Are all the dresses on your website in stock in your store?
- Do you sell Short Prom Dresses in your retail store?
- Why am I paying tax on a dress?
- My dress is wrinkled. How do I get the wrinkles out?
- Can you tell me more about shipping and what it cost?
- Do you ship Internationally?
FAQs – Shopping at our Retail Store
- Do I need to have a parent or an adult with me to shop at your store?
- Do you offer alterations?
- Do you register dresses?
FAQs – Shopping Online
- How long does it take for my order to ship?
- I love this dress! How do I know if it is in stock in the color and size I am interested in?
- Are there more images that I can see of the dresses? I see a dress that is available in four colors but it only shows images of two of the colors.
- Are these dresses authentic?
- How do I know if a dress can be altered?
- How long are the dresses?
- How much do alterations cost?
- Are the size charts accurate?
- Can I place an order over the phone?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- What is the difference between shipping methods?
- How do I track my order?
- What if the dress is damaged or not the size and color I ordered?
- What does “wear date” mean and why is it important?
- How do I measure myself correctly?
Most Frequently Asked Questions
As you can imagine this questioned is asked all the time. A Golden Asp is the snake from the story of Cleopatra. Because the story of Cleopatra was popular in the late 1960’s the founders of Golden Asp choose this as the store name. The store at that time was a hippie shop, a place to buy jeans, rocker clothes and strangely Prom Dresses too, making the name perfect. When Golden Asp evolved and began selling only formal wear there was brief consideration of changing the name. This was quickly dismissed because the name Golden Asp is recognized as being synonymous with Prom Dresses in the Philadelphia region.
Established in 1969 Golden Asp is located minutes from I-95, Route 1 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike just outside Philadelphia. Customers from all over Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland make the trip to shop at our store. They drive because they have heard about the thousands of Prom Dresses in stock, including one of a kind Dresses, Dresses that are Exclusive to Golden Asp and the great service when shopping at our store.
Here is our address:
2438 Pasqualone Boulevard
Bensalem, Pa. 19020
Our Phone Number is:
Click here for directions.
Because we are the prom dress experts and recognized by our customers as the most trusted prom dress store in the Philadelphia area and the nation.
Please consult our Shippping and Returns page here .
Shopping at Golden Asp Retail Store:
- Golden Asp travels around the World to find the most beautiful dresses for our retail store. Many of the gowns available in our store are exclusive to Golden Asp. These exclusive dresses are not for sale on our online store. You will find them at our Retail Store only.
- We register dresses! When you purchase a dress at the Golden Asp retail store, we register your dress. What does it mean to have your dress registered? Your sales associate will ask you your school and which Prom you are attending and your dress will be registered to that particular list. We cannot sell the same style in the same color for the same Prom or Dance, however we will sell the same dress in a different color to the same Prom or Dance. Although we try our absolute best, on rare occasions there will be duplications and therefore Golden Asp does not guarantee that you will not be wearing the same dress as someone else at your Prom. There are too many factors beyond our control that can lead to a dress being duplicated. Registering a gown is a courtesy and can only be used for a dress that has been purchased from our retail location (not online) at the time of purchase.
- Our physical retail store does not carry short dresses. Because the demand for long Prom Dresses is so strong we want to dedicate our retail space to the largest and most diverse collection of Long Prom Dresses for customers shopping at our store. If you are looking for a short dress please visit our website www.goldenaspprom.com.
- We carry sizes 0-24
- Did we say we stock thousands of dresses?
- We have been selling Prom Dresses since 1969.
- Great Customer Service. This is not just talk – come in and see for yourself!
- No need to bring a parent with you just to try on Dresses. You are welcome to try on our Prom Dresses anytime.
Shopping at Golden Asp Online:
- We carry short dresses
- Some of the inventory that you see on our online store is not necessarily available in our retail store. This includes dresses, shoes, and accessories. Our inventory varies for each business. Have a question about inventory? Call us! 215-752-4990.
- If you have a question about a dress on our website please call us during normal business hours at 215-752-4990 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We stock Thousands of dresses!
- We are a 100% Authentic Retailer of each Manufacturer that we carry. We do not sell copies of dresses. Read our Authentic Prom Dress Guide before purchasing a dress online.
We do stock thousands of dresses and have the largest selection in the Philadelphia area. However, we do not have all the dresses featured on our website in stock at our retail store. You will find Prom Dresses at our retail store that are exclusive to Golden Asp and many Dresses made specifically for Golden Asp. Want something truly special? Then come into the store and choose from thousands of dresses!
We only sell Long Prom Dresses at our retail store. If you would like a Short Prom Dress please order online.
According to Pennsylvania Tax Law, Sales Tax will be charged to Pennsylvania residents for all required merchandise. This includes long dresses. Sales Tax is collected at the rate of 6.0%. Pennsylvania residents should refer to the PA Department of Revenue website if there are any questions regarding the collection of tax.
If you require alterations, a professional seamstress will steam and iron your dress as part of their service. If your dress does not require alterations, we recommend using a reputable dry cleaner to steam and/or iron your dress according to the care tag instructions. Please be careful to choose a reputable dry cleaner.
Sure. Please read our Shipping and Returns Page. Just click here.
Yes. For more information please read our International Orders page. Just click here.
FAQs – Shopping at our Retail Store
No. Come shop at our store whenever you feel like it – be sure to shop early for the largest selection of Prom Dresses!
Sorry, No. If you shop at our retail store and live in the Philadelphia area we can recommend reputable seamstresses.
Yes, we register dresses! When you purchase a dress at the Golden Asp retail store, we register your dress. What does it mean to have your dress registered? Your sales associate will ask you your school and which Prom you are attending and your dress will be registered to that particular list. We cannot sell the same style in the same color for the same Prom or Dance, however we will sell the same dress in a different color to the same Prom or Dance. Although we try our absolute best, on rare occasions there will be duplications and therefore Golden Asp does not guarantee that you will not be wearing the same dress as someone else at your Prom. There are too many factors beyond our control that can lead to a dress being duplicated. Registering a gown is a courtesy and can only be used for a dress that has been purchased from our retail location (not online) at the time of purchase.
FAQs – Shopping Online
If the dress is in stock it will typically ship within 1 -5 business days. If the item you have ordered is not in stock and needs to be ordered from the Designer it could take up to twelve weeks for delivery. Delivery time depends on the designers’ inventory and inventory that we have on order with each designer. You will not be charged until we have confirmed the ship date with our warehouse or the designer.
Although GoldenAspProm.com stocks thousands of Prom Dresses, sometimes the dress you order may not be in stock and what is listed on our website is not necessarily in our store. If the dress that you order is unavailable, but we can receive it in time for your wear date, we will contact you immediately regarding the approximate ship date. If you would like to check availability on a style prior to placing an order please e-mail us at info (at) goldenaspprom (dot) com.
Are there more images that I can see of the dresses? I see a dress that is available in four colors but it only shows images of two of the colors.
The designers provide us with images of their dresses. In many cases, not all color options have an image. We understand that this can be frustrating, so if you have a question about a certain color, please contacts us. When possible, we will take a picture of the color you are interested in and if it is hanging in our warehouse we will email a picture of the color to you. Of course, we are always available to answer any questions regarding colors, fabrics and sizes.
Yes, yes and yes. This is our favorite question of all. Golden Asp is an authorized retailer of all the designers we sell. All designer dresses are 100% authentic. “Authentic retailer” what does this mean? It means that the designer dresses on our site are made by the designer only and are not copies. We have heard every awful “copy” story in the book, such as when your friend purchased a copy online for a significantly lower price and received a poorly constructed knock-off. We do not believe in copies and we are sorry for your friends. Please encourage them to be a smart shopper like you and shop only at Golden Asp for authentic dresses. Please read our Authentic Prom Dress Guide here.
The dresses on our website can be altered. If a seamstress tells you that your dress cannot be altered, please consult with another seamstress.They are most likely not experienced and could cause serious damage to your dress. To ensure quality alterations, please consult a professional seamstress or tailor who can alter bridal gowns. Bridal Gowns require a great deal of skill to alter and the dresses we sell are much easier to alter.
The majority of our dresses are 58’-60’ inches long. The short dresses depend on the manufacturer and are usually between 29”-30” long.
Please consult your Tailor or Seamstress prior to alterations for an estimate.
Yes, each individual designer has an accurate size chart. There is a size chart on each product page for each designer. If you measure yourself correctly, the sizes are indeed accurate. Keep in mind that each designer has a different size chart. If you are a size 2 in one designer it does not mean that you will be a size 2 in a different designers’ dress.
Remember, formal dresses are sized differently than everyday clothes. It is very important that your measurements are accurate. If you are between sizes, please round up. It is possible to have a dress taken in but not always possible to let a dress out.
Absolutely! Call any of our Prom Experts at 215-752-4990 during normal business hours to place an order over the phone. We are sorry but this is for domestic orders only. If you are ordering outside the United States you will need to place your order on our website.
Golden Asp accepts payment from all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard and Discover. You may also use PayPal and we are PayPal verified.
Golden Asp ships primarily from the Philadelphia metro area. Since transit times are different to each area of the country and you might be concerned about how quickly you will receive your order after it leaves our Distribution Center, we recommend upgrading the level of shipping service from Ground Shipping to 3-Day Air, 2-Day Air or Next Day Air delivery.
All tracking information for your package will be emailed within 24 hours after the dress ships.
We inspect all of our merchandise before it is shipped from our warehouse. All dresses are also inspected by their respective designers before they are shipped to our facilities. When we receive your dress from the designer, we inspect the dress to be certain that is free from defects and that it is the correct size and color that you ordered.
Your wear date is the date that you are actually wearing the dress. It is extremely important to give the exact date that you plan to wear your dress. The wear date given is the basis of our order processing system. We always want to make sure there is enough time to process your order and ship your order to you before your wear date. Also, if a dress is currently out of stock, but your wear date is a couple of weeks away and we are expecting another shipment, your wear date will help to determine the status of your order.
Measuring yourself is easy and can be done at home. All you need is a measuring tape and a friend or a family member to help. Formal dresses run smaller than your everyday clothes, so please do not try to guess your size! Instead, have a friend or family member take your bust, waist and hip measurements to help determine the best size. If you are between sizes, we recommend choosing the larger size. All of our dresses can be taken in, however, not all can be let out. Please consult the size chart on each individual product page for more information and for a complete descriptions and directions regarding how to measure and how to choose your size.