From the minute you wake up, you are going to feel like there isn’t enough time in the day to get ready for prom. You have hair, makeup, and mani/pedi appointments to get to while trying to get in touch with all your friends. Here’s a few things you can do in order to keep your stress levels low on the biggest night of the year.
1. Remember to eat. With all the running around you are doing on prom day, it is easy to forget to eat. It’s also easy to stop at a fast food place and get a greasy burger on the go. Eat healthy foods that won’t cause you to bloat.
2. Work out. Whether you hit the gym, go for a quick jog, or take a walk in the fresh air, getting some sort of exercise in will help burn off nervous energy. It will also help you feel better once you put your dress on.
3. Stay hydrated. Drink water all day long. At all your appointments, have a bottle of water by your side. The water will also help keep your energy up and keep your skin glowing.
4. Save some time for yourself. Although you will be getting pampered all day long, you need to take some time to relax by yourself. Take a hot bath, or light some candles and listen to relaxing music. This will help you get in a great mood for the upcoming great night.
5. Don’t forget what prom is all about. Prom is all about having fun! With everything that goes into making prom as perfect as possible, you may forget to just let loose and have fun. Don’t worry about a chipped nail or a hair problem. When you look back on prom night, you’ll remember the fun, not the broken nail.