For ladies going to prom, To Do lists can be extensive. Guys have it pretty easy in comparison: Rent a tux, get the flowers, and show up on time. Before your date can choose the flowers, though, he should keep a few things in mind:
- Corsage. This is a mini bouquet of flowers that a girl wears around her wrist. The flowers should match or complement the girl’s dress.
- Bouquet. Since corsages can be more informal, some gentleman may want to opt for a lush bouquet. Not only will the bouquet make a statement in the prom picture, but it will also last longer.
- Boutonniere. For the gentlemen, a single flower or bud is pinned to the suit jacket. The flower should be made of the same flowers used in the corsage or bouquet.
- Flower Options
- Classic: The most popular and affordable flower for corsages and boutonnieres, roses are available in a variety of colors so they’re easy to match any dress. Orchids, gerbera daisies, and calla lilies are becoming very popular choices for corsages and boutonnieres, but also come with an added expense.
- Unique: Some florists allow you to incorporate rhinestones, a sparkling bracelet, and ribbon to your corsage.
Talk to your local florist to get ideas of what you like.